Home Cookin ~ Canning ~ Baking








Friday, November 26, 2010

BEST EVER BAKED HAM


This year we are going to my Mother's for Thanksgiving! I wanted to contribute to the meal as much as possible so I decided to bring the ham! I always buy the spiral cut hams that already come pre-glazed. But this year I wanted to make my own glaze! I found this recipe in my Gooseberry Patch Very Merry Christmas Cookbook! It looked wonderful and I couldn't wait to try it!

This is honestly the best ham I have ever eaten! It was amazing! Everyone raved about this ham and begged me to let them take home any left overs! It is so yummy I am already planning on making it again for Christmas! It has a wonderful crispy crust and a delicious dipping sauce that is to die for! You have got to make this ham!!!!

Best Ever Baked Ham
  • 8 to 10 lb smoked fully cooked ham half with bone (shank end)
  • 8 oz jar Dijon Mustard
  • 1 lb package brown sugar
  • 12 oz can cola flavored soda
Remove and discard skin from the ham. Score fat of the ham in a diamond pattern. Place ham fat side up in a 13"x9" baking dish. Coat the ham with the mustard; then pat with the brown sugar. Pour the soda into the baking dish.

Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 140 degrees. Remove from the oven. Remove the ham for the dish, reserving the drippings. Let ham rest.

Meanwhile, bring dripping to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve warm sauce with the ham. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment